International Journal of Advance Research in Nursing
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal
International Journal of Advance Research in Nursing
International Journal of Advance Research in Nursing
2021, Vol. 4, Issue 1, Part C
Effectiveness of video assisted teaching module (VATM) regarding knowledge on neonatal resuscitation among nurses

Sarjan Singh

Neonatal resuscitation skills are essential for all health care providers who are involved in the delivery of newborns. The transition from fetus to newborn requires intervention by a skilled person or individual. About 90% of neonates successfully make transition without any help. The remaining 10% of newborns require some assistance to being breathing at birth and 1% or more require intensive resuscitative effort. A Pre-experimental one group pre-test post-test design was used for the study. The sample consists of 30 nurses were selected by using Non-Probability convenient sampling technique. The results shows that the post interventional mean score (11.3, SD ± 1.06) was higher than the pre interventional mean score (5.96, SD ± 1.16). The calculated paired ‘t’ value 30.35 shows that there is a significant difference between pre-test and post-test knowledge. Post-test score was significantly higher at 0.05 levels than that of pre-test score. Thus the H1 was accepted at 0.05 level of significance. Hence it is statistically interpreted that the video assisted teaching module could be an effective strategy to improve the knowledge of nurses.
Pages : 176-177 | 24 Views | 14 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Sarjan Singh. Effectiveness of video assisted teaching module (VATM) regarding knowledge on neonatal resuscitation among nurses. Int J Adv Res Nurs 2021;4(1):176-177.
International Journal of Advance Research in Nursing
close Journals List Click Here Other Nursing Journals Other Journals